Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers

You must have a valid U.S. passport and a visa to enter Australia. Most U.S. passport holders traveling to Australia for tourism or business purposes for less than 90 days can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). The ETA is an electronic label-free visa and can be obtained at the ETA website for a small service fee. Airlines and many travel agents in the United States are also able to apply for ETAs on behalf of travelers.  Make sure you have at least one blank page in your passport.   At this time there are no inoculations required for your fishing trip to Australia.